ARE YOU A FILM BUFF?
DO YOU ENJOY SHARING YOUR LOVE FOR MOVIES WITH OTHERS?
DO YOU DREAM TO GO TO THE VENICE FILM FESTIVAL?
27 TIMES CINEMA WILL TURN YOUR DREAM INTO REALITY!
27 TIMES CINEMA* invites 27 young European filmgoers (one participant per member state of the European Union) to attend the 2021 Venice Film Festival as Jury Members of the Giornate degli Autori selection.
Who can participate?
- Film lovers aged between 18 and 25,
- Excellent English skills (reading, written and spoken) are required,
- Good ability to write articles and blogs.
How to participate?
In order to participate:
1. Send A VIDEO SELFIE in which the candidate explains “what is cinema” for you. You should start the video saying “Cinema for me is…” and then develop your argumentation.
This video will help us see how you express yourself in English and your ability to “talk” about cinema. High quality and creativity are required!
Take a look to the Europa Cinemas’ Vimeo channel to check out previous year’s examples.
– Videos shot in English,
– In high resolution (full HD: 1920×1080 px) and with an excellent audio recording, in a well lit room/with a well-lit background,
– Duration: 30 seconds,
– The following information should be visible in the video: Name of the candidate and country of origin,
– The videos should be sent via Wetransfer to the following email address: email@example.com
2. Fill in THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM in English. All questions must be answered. Incomplete forms cannot be taken into account.
SEND THE APPLICATION FORM FILLED IN ENGLISH AND THE VIDEO TO THE THESSALONIKI INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL’S EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE THE 20TH OF MAY 2021
What happens if you’re the lucky one?
The selected Ambassadors will have to commit themselves to:
1. Being present in Venice before the start of the festival, from Tuesday 31th August to Sunday 12th September 2021 (festival dates: 1-11 September)
2. Being a jury member for the films competing for the Giornate degli Autori. A festival accreditation (giving priority access to screenings of the Giornate degli Autori) will be provided,
3. Taking part in round-table discussions, masterclasses and workshops focused on improving their communication skills as influencer so that they could be actively involved in raising awareness of the LUX Audience Award,
4. Contributing with content to the Europa Cinemas website and social networks,
5. Promote and spread the word about the new LUX Audience Award after the festival using the knowledge and skills learned in Venice in their own networks and social media community,
6. Attend events organized in the frame of the LUX Audience Award (mainly January-May of the following year) and helping with promotional and follow-up communication,
7. Be available to participate in the LUX Selection panel meeting for LUX Audience Award 2022 edition, which takes place usually between June-September (1-2 days) – (if selected).
The European Parliament will cover the costs of accommodation and travel for each participant for the whole duration of the event (13 days), while Europa Cinemas will take care of their daily allowance and Giornate will be in charge of the organization and the festival accreditation.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity! Let your dream become true!
*Co-organised by the European Parliament, the LUX Prize, the Giornate degli Autori and Europa Cinemas, 27 Times Cinema aims to promote shared values and cultural diversity through cinema among young people.
For further information about this initiative please visit: